OHS Incident Investigations
This intermediate OHS course is intended to complement the foundational JOHS training you have already received by diving deeper into the world of incident investigations.
The live portion of this course takes place in one day, with expectations of learner preparation before, active participation during and self-regulated practice afterwards. It is designed for both new and experienced JOHSC worker representatives. The course is a combination of e-learning resources and live sessions to support you in fulfilling your committee representative role.
- Incident investigation process
- Gathering facts
- Root cause analysis
- Determining corrective actions
- Legislative requirements
- Contractual requirements
One-day blended learning course.
To be eligible for this course you must:
- be designated as a BCNU Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee Representative or BCNU steward.
- have completed the required eight (8) hour training from your employer.
- have completed BCNU’s JOHSC one (1) day education.
Due to COVID-19, in-person sessions are postponed until further notice. BCNU continues to offer virtual education and workshops to members.