Student Nurse Advocacy Bursary
The Student Nurse Advocacy Bursary is a BCNU initiative to recognize the role of allyship in increasing awareness of human rights and equity issues. Learn more about BCNU's various caucus groups and how you may get involved here.
The selection focus in 2023 will be on students who advance the interests and priorities of all equity seeking caucuses.
BCNU recognizes the financial challenges students face when in school. Providing funding for students who align with BCNU shared values and beliefs builds relationships and recognizes the contributions that students make to furthering social justice within a diversified membership.
The $500 Student Nurse Advocacy Bursary will be awarded to 32 students from around the province. This fund is open to student LPNs, RNs and RPNs, including employed student nurses.
Applications are now open for 2023.
- Be currently enrolled in a school of nursing and taking a nursing program in British Columbia
- Be a student member of BCNU – membership is free. Sign up now!
- Cannot previously have been the recipient of this bursary
- Complete the online application (see below) and associated waiver.
- You must provide us with your social insurance number (SIN) for tax purposes.
- Application deadline is September 15 of each year.
- Include an example of how the 2023 advocacy focus has been met.
Applicants meeting the eligibility requirements stated above will be entered into a random draw:
- One (1) from each of the 16 BCNU regions
- The remainder of applications
Successful applicants will be notified with instructions by email. Approval letters will be sent by email in mid-October. Please ensure you check your junk mail folders as well.
Before funds are released, the successful applicant will be required to proof of program enrollment (letter from school, receipt for tuition paid, or a copy of transcript).
If you have any further questions about the Student Nurse Advocacy Bursary, please email email@example.com