LPN to RN/RPN Laddering Fund
One-time funding is now available to support LPN members interested in obtaining their RN or RPN designation. Through this one-time $20-million funding agreement, LPNs wishing to change designations now have access to up to $3,000 each semester towards the cost of tuition.
Recruitment and retention strategies are critical to stabilizing and improving the staffing crisis we are currently in. By removing a significant amount of the financial barriers associated with program costs, BCNU believes this new initiative will support LPNs wanting to change their designation which in turn, will help reach the RN and RPN specific staffing requirements needed to successfully implement and maintain minimum nurse-patient ratios.
Eligible LPN members who apply for the fund will be entitled to a lifetime maximum of $20,000 to put toward the cost of tuition for an accredited RN or RPN program anywhere in Canada. The agreement is retroactive to March 31, 2023 and available to LPN members who have taken classes in the summer 2023 or fall 2023 semesters.
Members who receive the fund are required to commit to attending a minimum of two BCNU events in the year in which the funding is received.
To be eligible for the funding, LPN members must be:
- An LPN member in good standing with more than 3 years’ experience.
- Enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institute in Canada, within an RN or RPN program.
- Employed in an NBA facility.
All applicants must:
- Submit an application form which can be found on the Member Portal.
- Apply for the fund before the end of the applicable semester.
- Provide proof of enrollment in an RN or RPN program
- Provide proof of tuition paid, dated within the applicable semester.
For retroactive funding to March 31, 2023:
- Applications for funding for completed summer or fall 2023 semesters must be submitted by March 31, 2024.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Laddering Fund Bursary email at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions